Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 368: Belly Critters


A little [more] self-reflection [you didn't ask for]:
Now, I don't know if ponies are considered critters. But for the sake of headline, they shall be.
I mentioned "belly" in association with "critters" twice in four posts. What does this mean?
My theory: (and yes I know, for a theory to be a theory it should be extensively tested and/or well established. I assure you, inside this brain of mine there are various lavishly dressed researchers* each conducting multiple trials--frantically, of course)

Moving on, My Theory:
I like critters.** I like to cuddle them. I like to photograph them. I like to watch them. I like to love them.
and
I like food. I like to make food. I like to eat food.  I love to like food.
but
The combiniation: food and critters; critters as food--has been a moral dilemma.
so
In questioning whether I should eat culturally acceptable critters [cows, piggies, etc.]
my neural nobility generalized it beyond the region's carnivorous norm. [pony+belly; hedgehog+belly]
now
Is this punishment for even considering meat eating? Is it playful encouragement? Or worse, do my analysts waver.
I can't afford to hire & train new ones--ach, and severance packages?
We're stuck together.
Look forward to more critter + belly associations. Yay!

Speaking of bellies and critters and critters with bellies...

I present to you--Taco Casserole: the series
Dedicated to my sister, without her love Taco wouldn't be Taco

 A friendly struggle

The hiding spot

Contemplative [almost] Taco Casserole, Catserole. 


~~notes~~

* I can't explain it, but when I imagine scientists in my brain, I always picture them dressed as 18th century British royalty. Though I'm having a difficult time picturing their frenzied knowledge shuffle--especially with those puffy sleeves...and Bunsen burners.

**should be noted that I first wrote, am like critters which has spawned an entirely new self-discovery hypothesis,
soon-to-be theory***.

***should be noted that when intending to write theory, I wrote thesis, suggesting this new hypothesis may have a grandiose life ahead of it. Or my real-life thesis kidnapped my
royal researchers [my brain] and they are currently and endlessly chanting, at sword point, "thesis! thesis! thesis! thesis! thesis!"






Copyright © 2011 Jacquelyn Marie Schneller.

No comments:

Post a Comment