Monday, August 18, 2014

Day 416: My Favorite Scrap - The Debut

Here we are in Day 1 of our new Line Up. Perhaps you're wondering about the meaning behind "my favorite scrap." Well, I won't give you much. Because, on this Day 1 of the New Line Up - 2014, I've also endured Day 1 of School Year 2014-2015. Day 1s aren't always fun. But we smile, don't we?

Let's see if we can turn this 1 around.

In collage, hoarding is rewarded. Layers, pieces, colors, scraps and time keep the artwork organic and the work never finished. This never-ending project-process is exciting and also a bit orphanage-y. I love my scraps and I want them to all know the comfort of home. Sometimes it takes scraps a long, long time to fit in and settle down. Sometimes it takes several smudgy almosts before a good night's sleep. This is the story of those scraps. Those beautiful pieces that are just waiting, pleading, yet patient as can be--to be welcomed by other scrap pieces into their canvas forever home.

This Monday's featured scrap Untitled (as most of them are):





No comments:

Post a Comment